James Levinson / Principal
BA, LLB, GDLP
James has practiced for over 20 years as an advocate and advisor in all areas of property development, infrastructure, environment and natural resources law.
James regularly represents clients in property development and environmental litigation in the Environment, Resources & Development Court and the Supreme Court.
His experience includes:
- Obtaining all forms of project and infrastructure approvals;
- Strategic advice on procuring development and environmental approvals;
- Preparing and negotiating infrastructure agreements;
- Advice on site contamination liability and drafting of sale and/or development contracts for contaminated land;
- Managing local, State and Aboriginal heritage for developments and projects;
- Advice on development potential options;
- Planning and development appeals and litigation;
- Liquor licensing applications and litigation;
- Water licensing and allocation applications and litigation;
- Crisis management for spills and environmental incidents;
- Response to criminal and other development and environmental investigations;
- Defending planning, water, vegetation, environmental prosecutions and enforcement proceedings;
- Compulsory land acquisition compensation claims;
- Mining and Petroleum regulation and land access advice and litigation.
James has acted for a wide range of private sector and Government clients in the development and environment fields. He is regularly invited to present papers and seminars on planning and property development law, land contamination and water resources law for various professional bodies. He is a past President of the SA Division of the National Environmental Law Association Ltd and is a member of the Executive Committee of the Urban Development Institute of Australia (SA) and Chair of the Planning and Urban Development Committee of the SA Division of the Property Council of Australia.