We act for anyone who is developing property or buildings including large and small property developers, a variety of industries (including retail, transport, waste, education, hospitality, manufacturing, energy, primary production etc) and individuals in all property development and town planning projects. From small residential developments to major infrastructure projects, we provide advice and representation for all phases of feasibility, strategy, approvals, implementation and compliance for development projects.
Our property development and town planning expertise includes:
- Structuring and preparing applications for development approval;
- Lodging and responding to representations on development applications;
- Council Development Plan interpretation and development potential advice;
- Land division applications, community title scheme descriptions and by-laws;
- Drafting infrastructure agreements, bonding agreements, land management agreements and other development related documents;
- Representation before Council Development Assessment Panels, the Development Assessment Commission, Local Heritage Advisory Committee and others;
- Environment Resources and Development Court appeals and defending enforcement proceedings;
- Major project applications and assessments;
- Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Control referrals and assessments;
- Real property law advice (rights of way, encumbrances, encroachments etc);
- Local government law advice (opening and closing roads, review of local government decisions etc);
- Advice and submissions on Development Plan Amendments;
- Advice and submissions on local and State heritage listing.