We act for anyone who is proposing or undertaking large or small infrastructure projects. This includes road, rail, water (marina and harbor), and air transport infrastructure, waste treatment, disposal and recycling facilities (waste water treatment, landfill, sorting and processing), energy generation and distribution infrastructure, primary production infrastructure (waste water treatment, water treatment and supply, processing facilities) and water supply infrastructure.
We provide advice and representation for all phases of feasibility, strategy, approvals, implementation and compliance for infrastructure projects.
Our project and infrastructure expertise includes:
- Structuring and preparing applications for statutory approvals;
- Liaison and submissions to State and Federal Ministers and Local Government as well as other State and Federal regulators and decision makers;
- Negotiating and drafting infrastructure agreements with road and other infrastructure authorities;
- Representation before regulators and statutory decision makers;
- Environment Resources and Development Court appeals;
- Major project applications and assessments;
- Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Control referrals and assessments;
- Land access and acquisition law advice.